top of page


Company registration

  • Yes, you can register with your Chinese ID card. In fact, residents of any country can register a Hong Kong company. Hong Kong law does not place any restrictions on the nationality of shareholders and directors of Hong Kong companies. Anyone who is 18 years or older can serve as a shareholder (holding shares of a company incorporated in Hong Kong) and director of a Hong Kong company. In fact, most offshore company registration places do not impose any restrictions on the nationality of shareholders and directors.

  • It's very simple. You can entrust your friends or any other person to go to the search lobby of the Hong Kong Company Registration and Exclusion Office on the 13th floor of the Queensway Government Offices in Hong Kong to conduct a search. You can also check whether your Hong Kong company has been legally incorporated through the website of the Hong Kong Companies Registry. Moreover, the bank's willingness to open an account for your company is enough to prove the legitimacy of your company.

  • As long as you are over 18 years old and have an ID card or passport, you can register a company in Hong Kong. In addition, you must provide an address in Hong Kong as the company's registered address, and a Hong Kong resident/or a Hong Kong company to serve as the legal secretary of the company. (Normally, the registered address and company secretary are provided by the company).

  • The process for registering a new Hong Kong company is as follows:
    1) Submit the company’s memorandum of association and articles of association and pay relevant government fees
    2) The Companies Registry issues a registration certificate
    3) Submit documents such as appointment of directors and secretary
    4) Apply for business registration certificate (one working day)
    5) Complete the process and send the complete set of documents to the customer.

  • Generally, it takes about 8 working days to register a Hong Kong company. Our express establishment only takes one day to set up, and all legal documents are obtained on the third day.

  • Generally speaking, you can check the company's background records at the Companies Registration Office 16 working days from the date of registration. The information is stored in film format to facilitate public search. You can also check your Hong Kong company’s information through the Hong Kong Companies Registry’s website.

  • For details please see our: price list

  • Our company's charges include all costs that enable the limited company to start operations (but do not include bank fees incurred for opening a bank account), and there are no hidden fees.

  • You can pay by transfer, wire transfer, check or cashier's order to our designated Hong Kong account. Overseas people can remit funds to our company's corporate account in Hong Kong.

    For details, please see: Payment methods

  • All companies registered in Hong Kong must have an address in Hong Kong as the company's registered address. All government correspondence and legal documents will be sent to the company's registered address. Under normal circumstances, letters delivered to the company's registered address are deemed to have been delivered to the company.

    Using a residential address in Hong Kong as a company's registered address may violate the building's deed of mutual covenant. You can rent our company's address as your company's registered office.

    A company can change its registered address at any time. However, the Hong Kong Companies Registry must be notified in the designated form within one month after the change. If you use our company's company secretarial services, you only need to notify the company of your new address and we will handle the change procedures on your behalf.

    When our company receives the letter sent to your company, we will immediately notify you to pick it up in person at our company, or use our company's mail forwarding service, and our company will forward the letter to the address specified by the customer.

  • According to the requirements of Hong Kong Company Law, every limited company incorporated in Hong Kong must appoint at least one company secretary. Its responsibilities include arranging meetings, preparing meeting minutes, submitting legal documents to government departments, ensuring that the company meets legal requirements, etc.

    Directors and shareholders can concurrently serve as company secretaries. However, if a limited company has only one director, that director cannot concurrently serve as company secretary.

    The company secretary is responsible for:

    (1) Prepare meeting minutes
    (2) Prepare and submit annual returns (excluding government fees)
    (3) Change the company’s registered address
    (4) Appointment, removal or change of director and secretary information, etc.

    The company secretary does not have the power to manage the company. For example, the company secretary cannot sign purchase and sale agreements for goods or services with the company's suppliers in the name of the company, nor does he have the authority to sign various investment agreements on behalf of the company, unless formally authorized by the board of directors.

Anniversary renewal

  • After the company is incorporated, there are two types of fees that need to be paid every year: annual report and accounting audit and tax filing.

    (1) The business registration fee and the company registration office annual report (annual return registration fee) are fees that must be paid every year. The fee amount is subject to adjustment by the government. The current business registration fee and annual return registration fee are HK$2,250 and HK$105 respectively. Even if the company does not generate any business, these fees must be paid in a timely manner.

    (2) As for accounting, auditing and tax filing, every company must prepare financial statements every year, arrange for Hong Kong accountants to audit these financial statements and issue audit statements, and then file tax returns. Accounting audit and tax filing fees vary based on business volume.

  • If you handle the accounting, what information must be provided? What are the specific charging standards? How long will it take?

    Accounting can be done by the enterprise itself, but the audit must be entrusted to an accountant. But you can entrust our company to handle all accounting and arrange audit matters. If handled by us, you must submit all records of business transactions: ledgers, invoices, receipts, payment vouchers, bank statements, uncollected accounts receivable, and unpaid accounts payable. Generally speaking, accounting takes one month and auditing takes 1-2 months.

  • The government stipulates that a limited company must have a legal secretary, who shall be a local natural person or legal person in Hong Kong. Generally speaking, we can help you arrange a legal secretary. A legal secretary is a formal secretary required by the Hong Kong government to facilitate government contact and handle government transactions.

    Business secretarial service is a business practice service tailor-made for customers based on their needs, ranging from answering calls, delivering information, collecting and shipping, to letters of credit, logistics and other services. The advantage of a business secretary is that it can establish your corporate image, which is equivalent to having your own employees, your own office building, and a set of company supporting resources in Hong Kong.

  • The company's day-to-day operations can be conducted where you live. In fact, many directors/shareholders/managers of Hong Kong companies do not live in Hong Kong. They operate business directly in the name of the Hong Kong company at their place of residence. As for the mobilization of funds, it can be done through online banking.

    Of course, you can also entrust a professional business consulting company, such as Qiyuan Business Consulting Co., Ltd., to conduct daily business operations.

Company operations

  • Hong Kong is one of the freest commercial and trade ports in the world, and in principle there are no major restrictions on its business scope. Hong Kong companies can operate businesses of any nature, such as: finance and investment, medical care, shipping, import and export trade, real estate, construction, decoration, information network, clothing and textiles, tourism, cultural publishing, etc.; many small and medium-sized enterprise owners Do not clearly write down the business scope, so that the business you operate will not be limited to a certain scope. However, it should be noted that there are very few industries that require additional business licenses, such as banks, insurance companies, finance companies, and security companies.

  • Can. However, some provinces and cities require foreign investment companies to present credit certificates issued by banks when applying to establish wholly-owned or joint ventures. Banks will only issue credit certificates to customers who have opened accounts with the bank for more than six months.

  • If your business or investments are all domestic or overseas, you don't need to go to Hong Kong at all. You only need to worry about handling business in China, and the Hong Kong company is only used for holding or registered address. Since there are complete corporate laws here to protect the rights and interests of company shareholders, you can have no worries.

  • Registering a Hong Kong company has nothing to do with the travel permit to and from Hong Kong. The pass to and from Hong Kong is a quota-based pass established by the governments of China and Hong Kong through negotiation. These quotas are managed by relevant domestic government agencies and allocated according to the actual needs of each applicant. Therefore, in theory, this is the same as It does not matter whether you own a Hong Kong company or not.

  • no. As for obtaining documents for entering and exiting Hong Kong and Macao, it is recommended that you apply to the local public security department where your household registration is located.

  • In the business nature column, CORPORATION means that there is no limit to a certain business, and any business can be operated as long as it complies with the provisions of the Company Law. Of course, in this column, you can also fill in the business scope of electronics, chemicals or trade; as for BODY CORPORATE, it means corporate body and represents the legal status.

  • The seal usage habits of Hong Kong companies are:

    (1) Company signature seal - usually rectangular, stamped with the signature of a valid authorized person to make most contracts effective, including the transfer of bank accounts.
    (2) Medal - generally small and without signature, it is only used for signing documents and will not be used to confirm the contract.
    (3) Common Seal - will only be used for very important legal documents, such as the purchase and sale of a building, or the issuance of stocks, etc. Many companies don't use this seal at all.

    In China, the company's official seal, financial seal and personal seal are all valid. It is not customary to use a signature. This aspect is very different from the situation in Hong Kong.

  • Under normal circumstances, the operation of Hong Kong companies is more convenient, and it is easier to open a bank account, especially those who need to open a letter of credit account. Therefore, we generally recommend domestic customers to open a Hong Kong company, unless the customer plans to list overseas. .

​Hong Kong Tax

  • Hong Kong is a free port with low taxes and low tax rates. The only tax that companies must pay every year is profits tax. The so-called profits tax is calculated based on the company's income, that is, 16% of its net profit. For example, a company's annual turnover is 10 million, gross profit is 2 million, and net profit is 1 million. The profits tax this company should pay to the government is 1 million X 16.5% * = 165,000.

    (*Under the two-tiered profits tax system, the profits tax rate on the first two million yuan of assessable profits will be reduced to 8.25% respectively)

  • The tax rate for Hong Kong limited companies is calculated based on 16.5%* of actual profits. It is customary for Hong Kong companies to use March 31 each year as their fiscal year end. You can defer tax filing for one year.

    (*Under the two-tiered profits tax system, the profits tax rate on the first two million yuan of assessable profits will be reduced to 8.25% respectively)

  • Except for tobacco and alcohol, generally goods entering and leaving Hong Kong do not need to pay taxes. However, all imported and exported goods must be declared customs, and customs declaration fees are charged based on the actual price of the goods.

  • unnecessary.

  • The invoices and receipts of Hong Kong companies are not printed uniformly by the tax bureau, but are printed and issued by the company's board of directors based on the nature of the company's business. Invoices, receipts and other documents can become effective as long as they are stamped with the company seal and authenticated by the person in charge.

  • Our company can handle it directly. You only need to provide us with the information. We can handle accounting, arrange audits, tax returns and other matters. The fee will depend on the actual workload, but we will only start work after both parties agree on the fee amount. , there will be no situation where accounts are made first without your consent.

  • There are three main categories of taxes in Hong Kong: - Property tax, salaries tax and profits tax.

    The property tax rate is calculated based on 15% of the rental income from property ownership after deducting tax exemptions.

    Salary tax is calculated based on salary income at a progressive tax rate, and the upper limit of the tax liability does not exceed 15% of the total salary income.

    The corporate profits tax rate is 16.5%* of the company's taxable profits. Taxable profits refer to the profits earned by a company from its operations and operations in Hong Kong. Since many domestic customers have Hong Kong companies that do not operate in Hong Kong (for example, they do not have offices, office buildings or recruiting employees in Hong Kong), they do not need to pay Hong Kong profits tax. Please note that having funds flowing through a local bank account and having a registered address in Hong Kong are not the same as having "business and operations in Hong Kong".

    (*Under the two-tiered profits tax system, the profits tax rate on the first two million yuan of assessable profits will be reduced to 8.25% respectively)

    ​For the two-tiered profits tax system, please refer to: corporate tax

bottom of page